Re: common, FHS-compliant, default document root for the various web servers

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:39:06 +0100
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> - Regarding the URL that would be mapped to that dir, I don't
>   particularly like /debian/ (even though I've advanced it). However
> the alternative solutions I can come up with (e.g. /packages/) are
>   actually uglier. So I guess /debian/ can stay. Some of the -webapps
>   people can probably come up with wiser suggestions ...

/debian/ seems to be the de facto standard for Debian archives. So I
guess it wouldn't be such a good idea to use it for something else
(sorry, can't really come up with a better name myself).

Cheers,
harry