Re: Maintainer script informative call graph

On Fri, Oct 16 2009, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         Please have a look-see at:
>>  http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/MaintainerScripts.html
>>
>>         I'm attaching the source below. I think I am going to continue
>>  to enhance it, but I ran out of steam tonight. I am proposing adding
>>  this to the policy package, once it gets polished a bit more, and
>>  checked for correctness.
>
> It would be nice if it could be updated to take into account the trigger
> support. We have new states (triggers-awaited, triggers-pending) and new
> postinst argument for this.

        I have added that, as well as the deconfigure/removal of
 conflicting packages and their dependencies,  though I think it is with
 a major impact on  simplicity. However, of this is going to policy,
 there is something to be said about vying for completeness. I see why
 marga elected to elide these details.

        So, a new version is up at the above URL, please check for
 correctness.  I think I have incorporated everything that is in policy
 in this document now.

        Incidentally, this reminds me that the trigger stuff is not
 documented in policy, and I think needs to be, can someone better
 acquainted with triggers take the lead in crafting the wording for
 policy? (I must confess I had to read code in order to get my head
 wrapped around "awaiting" and pending and the distinction between these
 two -- and the fact that I tend to link pulling a trigger with
 instantaneous activityy, like something going Ka-Pow).

        manoj
--
Krogt, n. (chemical symbol: Kr): The metallic silver coating found on
fast-food game cards. Rich Hall, "Sniglets"