Re: [3.8.3] §5.6.19 - spanning of Binary field in debian/control?

Hi Eugene:

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Eugene V.
Lyubimkin<jackyf.devel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The new Debian policy 3.8.3 allows the contents of 'Binary' field to span in
> .dsc file and .changes file. However, it's unclear (at least for me), does
> this change allow the spanning in debian/control file or not?

Considering this field (Binary) does not appear in the specification
for debian/control files, I don't think this is really an issue. There
is no field called "Binary" in debian/control; the descriptor used to
note binary packages would be the "Package" field name, which has its
own set of rules (analogous to Source).

Note that Section 5.2 of the Policy gives an indication of what is
permitted in the debian/control file. You'll note that the "Binary"
field name is not on this list.

What are you using the "Binary" field name for, and why?