Re: Syntax issues in Policy Manual

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> +	  <p>
> +	    In all cases, Files is a multiline field.  The first line of
> +	    the field value (the part on the same line as <tt>Files:</tt>)
> +	    is always empty.  The content of the field is expressed as
> +	    continuation lines, one line per file.  Each line must be
> +	    indented by one space and contain a number of sub-fields,
> +	    separated by spaces, as described below.

Is this a more general pattern that could be described in one place, and
referenced from multiple parts of the policy? I would like to see some
of the ‘debian/control’ fields, such as the dependency fields, permitted
(though not required) to use this multi-line-with-first-line-empty
syntax.

--
 \      “Progress might have been all right once, but it's gone on too |
  `\                                                long.” —Ogden Nash |