Re: Syntax issues in Policy Manual

Jeremiah:

On that note, would you have some time (maybe later on) to work on
producing a simple "annotated Debian Policy" applet?

While a Wiki in itself might not be useful, Russ has mentioned that
perhaps there is room for an Annotated Policy Manual.

Importantly, though, we need to remind users that it's not the
official manual, but rather an official manual with user-supplied
annotations, somewhat like AnnoCPAN. This way we can have the
usefulness of a wiki but still ensure the safety of such an important
document.

If people want to easily propose a rewording, people could do so, and
write an annotation like: "Proposed rewording: Blah blah blah, blah
blah blah." -- then maintainers could easily merge whatever changes
are a good idea with the policy, and ignore the rest (but leave them
there in case others might think it's useful). If at a later time
somebody comes across the annotation and decides that it should be
used in Policy, then they could campaign for that.

Cheers,

Jonathan