Re: Vcs-* and Other Fields

> As far as branches are concerned, the default branch should point to
> the debian packaging branch and that's it. Then if you have the need
> to encode more about how the repo is used, it should be somewhere in a
> supplementary file in debian/source/. And that's what I plan to do
> when I will work on integrating more closely VCS support in
> dpkg-buildpackage.

So, what do you do if that simply isn't the case for the Git repository
that you have?  It isn't for most of my packages since the Git
repository is shared with upstream development.  Just stop using the
Vcs-* fields?  Create a completely separate repository just to push to
in order to use Vcs-Git?  Both of those seem like very unattractive
options.