Re: Goals of debian/copyright

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:

> I've listed the things that I remember from the relevant threads (and my
> personal recollection):
>
> 1) DFSG Free licensing of all parts distributed by Debian in main
> 2) License compatibility (both intra-work and inter-work)
> 3) Satisfy licence requirements in binary .debs
> 4) Copyright and licensing status of Debian packaging
> 5) Kudos/courtesy to authors acknowledging their work
> 6) Documentation for users about usability of packages in non-free
>    (IE, non-commercial, non-modifiable, etc.)

7) Enable ftpmaster review of licensing of packages by accumulating
   additional notes about the licensing, upstream communication, or other
   factors that aren't apparent from the licenses on the source code
   itself and providing them with a starting point against which they can
   check the source to confirm the validity of the license review.

> If I've missed anything, please tack it in here.

Other than that point, it seems fairly comprehensive to me.  Thank you!