Re: Revising Policy 12.5 (Copyright information)

Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

>> started experimenting with the new copyright file format, I never
>> documented the license or copyright information for any of the
>> Autotools-generated files, and I never heard a peep of concern about
>> that.)

> Currently the ftpmasters don't require those copyrights to be listed
> in the debian/copyright.

I had a suspicion, but this is exactly the sort of thing that I'd like to
have written down somewhere.  (For example, I went and documented them
since I wasn't sure whether it was a good thing to do or not, and I
figured that while I was using the new copyright format, I should give it
a fair shake and try using it literally as written, and there's nothing in
it saying to skip those files.)