Re: BDF Considered Harmful?

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > This is not the right analogy. A C source file by itself cannot be
> > run without having been compiled while, AFAICT from the given
> > description, a BDF "source" file can be. Make an analogy with Perl
> > source file, it will work better: they do have copyright notices
> > and comments, yet we ship them in binary packages.
>
> With Perl you have no choice. AFAIK there is no binary Perl format.

Try the analogy with Python, then. One can ship either the source file
‘foo.py’, or the compiled bytecode ‘foo.pyc’, and the recipient can
use either one as a Python module.

--
 \     “You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown |
  `\    who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has |