Re: helping out with policy

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Last week during a discussion on irc, Manoj mentioned that the policy
> team could use some more contributers.  I'd like to help out, so here I
> am ;)
> Could you please provide some pointers on where to start?  Looking at
> the bts, it looks pretty well ordered, but doesn't right away give a
> clue on where to help out.

Pick the bug of your liking and help get it through the full process:
http://wiki.debian.org/PolicyChangesProcess

Restart discusion when not enough discussion happened, possibly seeking
for comments on other Debian lists. When there's a consensus, (get someone
to) draft the policy change and get a patch ready. Then call for seconds.
Always adjust the tags accordingly during the process and close bugs when
it's clear that there's no consensus and that it won't go forward.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog