Re: Proposalto introduce compiler options passed from dpkg-buildpackage

>         I am convinced that this bug report is of dubious value, and if
>  Russ agrees, I am going to just mark this report as closed, or as
>  wontfix.

Yup, I tagged this one dubious myself a while back.  I agree with closing
it.  I know that not everyone agrees with the requirement, but given that
it's been in policy from 2001, I think we need a clear consensus to change
it, and I haven't gotten the impression that such a consensus exists.