Re: 822-date is deprecated (Bug?)

Hi Kai!

You wrote:

> I'm trying to spend a little bit more time on Debian and therefore I'm bringing
> myself uptodate with the Debian Policy.

Great!  We can always use more help.

> On page 20 (30 in the PDF) in the annotations/footnotes (number 8) it is stated
> that the RFC822 conform date is generated by the program 822-date. This program
> (Perl-Script) states that it is deprecated and one should use date -R instead.
> Is this a known thing to you? Or have you just missed it? Because of the
> minority of the "problem" I didn't want to open a report in the BTS for this but
> if you would like to have one, I can file a report easily.

Yes, please do file a report, however minor you think the issue is.  The
BTS is not only for tracking large bug, but also to make sure that small
things aren't forgotten.

Thanks!

Bas.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |