kydpdict relationships

Hi,

I hope this is the right list to ask on.

I'm packaging kydpdict (#433847) which contains a Qt-based front-end for
several dictionary formats. Most of them are proprietary English-Polish
dictionaries that you need to pay for. However the upstream package
contains free dictionary files taken from another (GPL) program "SAP"
(not in Debian, but included e.g. by PLD) by Bohdan R. Rau. These are
naturally much smaller than the proprietary ones, but nonetheless
useful.

Since these dictionary files take well over the half of the package size
(even if that's less than 600 KiB), I decided to put them in a separate
arch-all binary package: kydpdict-data.

Now I need to decide what the relationship between these two should be.

If you're lucky to have at least one of the proprietary dictionaries,
then you probably wouldn't want to install the free one, since any of
the pay-for ones are definitely better - this suggests a "kydpdict
Suggests: kydpdict-data" relationship.

However since Debian as such cannot distribute any of the non-free ones,
and the program is _totally_useless_ when _no_ dictionary is present -
this suggests a "Depends:" relationship.

A "depends" would also mean I could put the desktop file and icon in the
-data package, but that's not really an argument, as they're only a
couple of kilobytes.

Which way should I go?

Does anyone remember what the relationship between quake1 and its data
files was? That would be similar, I guess..

--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216