New policy

Hello list!

I followed Manoj talk at DebConf7, and I would like to help.

I'm trying to find and write down some idea, but they
inevitably give me some questions:

1- Is available already a starting document?

2- some guidelines about docbook?

3- what is the scope?
   It should be like actual document, a technical
   description of debian packages, or it should include
   also the social contract, the DD behaviour about bugs, ...

   I think it is difficult to split the two part
   (DD GPG-keys in packages; severity of bugs affect the priority
   of packages; changelog, ...)
   But OTOH, it will be a more difficult and long project.

4- It should be Debian specific or split into neutral and
   debian part?

   IMHO we are debian, so we should document debian,
   but it will pitty if Ubuntu and other organization will
   use a different (and probably not updated) version of
   .deb

   I like that RPM is pretty distribution neutral.

   OTHO if it can be used externally will complicate the
   policy process, it should be open to third parties, and
   it will complicate the live of DD (informations are split
   into two part)

ciao
	cate