Chinese defence spending jump

Manequintet writes "Joanna Rutkowska's latest bit of rootkit-related research
shatters the myth that hardware-based (PCI cards or FireWire bus) RAM acquisition
is the most reliable and secure way to do forensics. At this year's Black Hat Federal
conference, she demonstrated three different attacks against AMD64 based systems,
showing how the image of volatile memory (RAM) can be made different from the real
contents of the physical memory as seen by the CPU. The overall problem, Rutkowska
explained, is the design of the system that makes it impossible to reliably read memory
from computers. "Maybe we should rethink the design of our computer systems so they
they are somehow verifiable," she said."Britain's unerring instinct for the dumbed-down
dinner has already done for the pizza. Now it is the turn of the humble pasty.Where
the baked bean and bacon pizza led, the Cornish confection has now followed.9 out
of 10 messages are junkTrojan programs, particularly those designed to steal online
gaming account credentials, have become the mainstay of malware authors.Two months
before the 1992 presidential election, an NBC reporter cornered a man to ask whether
he preferred Bill Clinton or President Bush.