Re: priorities (was: Re: RFC: cups as "default" printing system for lenny?)

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 12:01:43AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Kind of reviving an old thread, but anyway:
> It also includes, but afaics, probably doesn't need to (anymore):
>
> 	ispell, dictionaries-common, iamerican, ibritish, wamerican

#416572: ibritish: Should not have priority standard

Only wamerican was originally intended for standard, because former
wamerican maintainer considered that a basic english wordlist should be
present in a system. dictionaries-common is standard only because is
needed by wamerican. I have been thinking at various ways to lower
the standard size, but am still undecided about the best choice, if
wamerican is to remain standard.

a) Splitting a new 'dictionaries-common-base' package containing
   things meant only for wordlists (and so for wamerican) and some
   things that are better here for simplicity.
b) Having a wamerican-standard package that is the same as normal
   wamerican, but without the dictionaries-common integration stuff.
   With proper conflicts/provides wamerican would replace it as soon
   as another wordlist or an ispell/myspell/aspell dict is installed.

Still need to make some tests about this.

--
Agustin