Re: priorities

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 05:09:36PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:34:10 -0800, Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> said:
> > I use "time" in benchmarking scripts.
>         I do not find the built in time to be a substitute for the good
>  old fashioned time command. Observe:

Why are either of those reasons to have /usr/bin/time on every Debian
machine? We're not talking about removing the package entirely...

(For comparison: nc/telnet are basic diagnostic tools to investigate why
you can't run apt-get, reportbug, an email program and a web browser are
needed for contacting remote humans if you get into problems installing
or recovering a Debian system)

Cheers,
aj