Re: About Debian Policy translations (was: Re: Task list for a policy release)

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 08:53:19PM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> On 01-12-2007 19:53, Marc Haber wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 04:52:16PM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> >> 	Considering the chance of rewriting the document and using
> >> UTF-8, can you consider the idea to add support for translations in
> >> the build process and repository layout while doing the rewriting?
> >
> > Debian policy is an internal normative document, specifying technical
> > aspects of the Debian OS. Please refrain from adding ambiguities by
> > translating this document to other languages than English.
>
> 	You should be more confident on your fellow translators. :)

After seeing the "quality" of Debian's German translation (which is
the only one I can really judge since it's the only language that I
have sufficiently mastered), I do not have _any_ confidence in
translations any more.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190