Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:08:36 +0200, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> said:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> Is there any harm in refining the changes and building consensus
>> over time? The change document can exist as a talking point, and
>> you can still come in and provide us your input when you have time
>> (post etch).

> Personally, I would see it as a waste of time to take part in a
> discussion in which one of the involved parties is not involved (due
> to time constraints).  And that's going to be my last public mail
> about this topic...

        I see this as a long process, and by no means do I want to
 exclude any one.  There are a number of low hanging errors that can
 be eliminated before we get to the more complex cases where we need
 to get the input of everyone.

        Also, consider the fact that in a project this size, there is
 probably no time that is good enough for every one. By starting the
 refinement now, and taking our time to get it right (I do not have an
 arbitrary deadline before which policy must be fixed and rushed out
 of the door), we are more likely to get a document that is in good
 shape.

        If you think you can only participate in the process after
 Etch is released, that is fine. Policy is not going anywhere.

        manoj
--
You don't move to Edina, you achieve Edina. Guindon