Re: Are packages allowed to ship files in /srv?

On 10723 March 1977, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Are Debian packages allowed to ship files in /srv?  (Not just create a
> structure in /srv in postinst of an initial install, or point default
> configuration files at /srv, but actually ship files in subdirectories of
> /srv?)  The relevant rationale in the FHS is:

I dont think packages should put files into /srv in the same way as
/var/www isnt used. (And yes, I know that /srv should hold more than
/var/www). Packages should put them into /usr/share (or /usr/lib), and
then adapt/enhance the config of the service (like apache with the
conf.d) to use that part.

The admin then can customize /srv however he likes it.

--
bye Joerg
<liw> HE, we had sex in Debian for many years, yes, before I put a stop