What is the preferred install location for fortran 95 module files?

When you use the "module MODULENAME" statement in fortran 95 source code,
gfortran creates a corresponding module file with a name of MODULENAME.mod
which is an ascii file that apparently summarizes the module information in
fairly compact (but not fortran 95 source) form. This module file needs to
be installed so that users of the fortran 95 library can access this
information with the -I compile option, and thus gain access to the module
information with the "use MODULENAME" fortran 95 statement.

Where is the best place to install the *.mod files that are created during
the fortran 95 library build?

If you have an answer to that question, please Cc me since I don't subscribe
to the list.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).

Linux-powered Science