Re: policy on binary/package naming convention

Ben Finney writes:

> I believe the documentation directory is the right place to add
> package-specific information. I retract my earlier suggestion of a
> static manifest file; that information is best generated directly from
> the package database.

Yes. If something is particularly contrary to the principle of
least-surprise, it probably warrants a note in README.Debian, if not, it
probably doesn't.

This is, like most things, a matter of common sense and the discretion
of the package maintainer. I don't think it's something policy needs to
get into.

If you feel the manifest information in the package database is not made
adequately discoverable by the existing high-level, end-user tools, file
an appropriate wishlist bug. :-)

--
things change.
decklin@red-bean.com