Re: policy on binary/package naming convention

la, 2006-01-14 kello 09:21 +1100, Ben Finney kirjoitti:
> If it's information the user needs to understand the package after
> installation (such as "what executables did I just install?"), that
> information should go in the package documentation directory.

Manually maintained lists of executables in /usr/share/doc will get out
of date. It'd be wiser to have the tools that automatically keep track
of files to provide such lists. Synaptic already can show a list of
files for installed packages; I assume aptitude can, too, or that it
will at least be easy to add.

At least Synaptic's feature is easy to discover. It's right there in the
GUI (either directly or if enabled from the settings dialog, I forget
which).

--
Without grand dreams, how can you save the world?