policy on stati/dynamically linked binaries

hi

does the Debian Policy mandate that binaries should be dynamically
linked and not statically linked to their needed libraries ?

I thought so but I could not find it; in particular, I looked in
section "10.1 Binaries", where it goes at length in talking of the
debugging and stripping options, but it never explicitly says that
binaries should be dynamically linked.

I noted this curious fact while posting bug 345506.

a.

--
Andrea Mennucc
 "E' un mondo difficile. Che vita intensa!" (Tonino Carotone)