Re: Proposed new POSIX sh policy, version two

Hubert Chan <uhoreg@debian.org> writes:

> On 23 Nov 2006 22:40:01 +0200, Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> said:
>
> > My point. If there is explicit "Depends: bash", then someone can post
> > a patch to provide alternative solution to a person who may not know
> > alternative constructs (having learned only bashism).
>
> Sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to do here.  Can you
> please explain what dependencies have to do with wishlist bugreports?

"Depends:" make dependency visible, whereas filing a wishlist is
usually result of someone by accident finding the script to include
bashism. He may offer a patch to convert those constructs to standard
sh-way-of-doing-things.

It's easier to eyeball packages that explicitly announce "bash".
Those could be  put to a stress test through:

    /bin/dash
    /bin/posh

If someone feels up to.

Jari