Re: Proposed new POSIX sh policy

> Forgive me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that posh was
> created for the purpose of providing a shell which supports a minimum
> of functionality required by policy against which scripts could be

Not exactly a minimum.  For example, posh implements a POSIX pwd
builtin.  If it were to drop this, one could argue that it still
conforms to policy.  However, scripts would be running /bin/pwd from
coreutils instead, which is not POSIX-conformant, and things like the
realpath() function in the tzdata postinst would fail miserably,
because it depends on a POSIX feature of /bin/pwd.

posh also implements test, echo, and kill, in more standards-oriented
versions than those in coreutils and procps.

Additionally, it provides true and false for no particular reason.