Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

Hi,

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [061025 08:04]:
> > [...]
>
> Manoj, I'm seriously asking you if we can delay this discussion until
> after Etch is out. I'm very interessted in takeing part in the
> discussion, but I really have already to many open very urgent tasks at
> my hands.

Andreas, I understand your feeling but you have to accept that you can't
be on all fronts at the same time.

I understand we need to make concessions towards a release (like
concentrating on fixing bugs instead of introducing new major upstream
changes) but it shouldn't block Debian's progress in all areas.
You must understand that if Manoj is not fixing the policy, he probably
won't use that time to fix RC bugs.

And in that particular case, I have the feeling that Manoj has taken into
account the remarks of the RM since he removed the problematic parts
for now, and loosened some must into should in order to better fit
the RM conception of 'release critical'.

Manoj, I have reviewed your patch and it looks ok for me. I haven't
checked its completeness (wrt etch_release_policy.txt) however.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog