Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

Dear Luk,

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:16:59 +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Hi,

> Hi Manoj

> Can everyone please focus on the release and discuss things that
> don't help to release on December 4th at all till after that date?

> Thank you very much.

        The next time you feel the urge to be patronizing, ponder on
 these:
  a) what gives you the right to pontificate and  tell people what to
     do from your high horse?
  b) Why do you think getting on a soap box is likely to help
     anything, including  a dialogue on this list?
  c) that for some of us doing things right trumps releasing on some
     arbitrary deadline hands down?

        Part of doing things right it to lick the technical policy in
  shape; reviewing the must directives for bloat has been long
  overdue. If the policy is so far from reality that release managers
  do not consider violation of must directives as something that would
  compromise the high standards of what Debian considers fit for
  release, then it seems to me we need to fix policy.

        Now, if you can stop lecturing and review the changes, and
 provide feedback on whether my judgement for thechanges is on the
 right path, you would be helping. If noit, could you please let the
 rest of us work on getting a better technical policy out?

        thank you,

        manoj
--
Give him an evasive answer.