Re: Date and Upsteam-URL fields

Hello Andreas and *,

sorry for the late reply but I was some month not in Europe.

Am 2006-06-10 04:41:51, schrieb Andreas Barth:
> * Adeodato Simó (dato@net.com.org.es) [060610 03:11]:

> > You can start without patching dpkg:
> >
> >   Package: foo
> >   XB-Homepage: http://www.foo.org
> >
> > That will make a Homepage field end in the binary control information,
> > and thus in the Packages file.
>
> Actually, I think the URL information should be part of the source
> package part inside of debian/control. At least for packages.d.o (and
> similar services), the information as part of debian/control is already
> enough, as there could be backend databases.  For displaying of binary
> packages, this information may need to put into the binary packages
> themself (or even the Packages-file). This could however be seen as
> second step.

I have added the "XB-Homepage: http://www.foo.org"; to the Source part
of my debian/control and then after buildpackage I have checked my DEB.

It is there AFTER the LONG description, but it is

        homepage: http://www.foo.org
and not
        Homepage: http://www.foo.org

I was looking into the sourcecode but do not understand, HOW it can
change the first letter to LOWER case...  It seems to me like a Bug.

I use Sarge with the latest updates.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)