Re: Policy Translation

On 10 Apr 2006, Jens Seidel wrote:

> Hi Felipe,
>
> I added Manoj Srivastava to CC: because he has write access to the
> debian-policy CVS module
> (http://cvs.debian.org/debian-policy/?root=debian-policy).  Since it
> is stored outside DDP (debian-doc module) I doubt that people from
> the DDP have write access to it.

        The CVS repository is obsolete, and no longer reflects the
 current policy.  Policy is not maintined out of an arch repository on
 arch.debian.org.

> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 07:26:03PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel
> (faw) wrote:
>> On 03/25/2006 04:06 AM, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

>> That's great! So, I would like to bring back my original question,
>> which should be the "Right Way (tm)" to send the translation to be
>> added to the official infrastructure?

> Have you already extended the build system (Makefile, ...) to
> support your translation or is it just a set of translated file?

> You will probably also need write access so the simplest solution
> seems to grant you (or better all DDP people) write access to
> language specific subdirectories. This should be no problem with
> CVS. Changes to the parent directory are handled by ... (contacting
> Manoj, reporting bugs)???

        Since we no longer use CVS, perhps the easiest way is for
 people to set up their own arch branches, and the policy team
 can pull their changes in.  No one needs to be given permission for
 anything, one of the virtues of distributed SCMs

        manoj
--
Decaffeinated coffee?  Just Say No.
Manoj Srivastava     <srivasta@acm.org>    <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>