Logo trademark (was: Re: freely distributable)

On 03-Mar-2006, Robin wrote:
> I was wondering if the icons that come with Debian, are they also
> freely distributable?  I want to use some of them and modify others
> and use them for a web hosting control panel that we have for our
> customers when they purchase a hosting plan from us.

This page describes the license for the various Debian logos:

    <URL:http://www.debian.org/logos/>

Note that there is ongoing controversy over the conflict between
"everything in Debian is 100% free" and the need for restrictive
trademark licenses.

--
 \          "Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a |
  `\                                       feature."  -- Rich Kulawiec |