Re: Debian Menu policy leads to confusion

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 11:45:43PM +0200, Linas Zvirblis wrote:
> Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> >Note that menu actually allow programms to create there own 3rd level
> >(or 4th level) section for private purpose, to group related entries
> >(like xteddy and mozilla does). There is no need to document them.
>
> Of course there is, to make it easier for translators. I know that some
> of them are already documented inside "menu-sections.pot".

Ah, you are right, I meant no need to document them "in the Debian menu
subpolicy."

> I did not express myself clearly, sorry for that. I was talking about
> [1]. That is, including additional information in menufiles, so that
> desktop environments like GNOME and KDE could generate localized user
> friendly menu entries. This is on a wishlist of many Debian desktop users.

That would be a patch to menu-xdg then.

> [1]
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html

More precisely which field would be needed ?

I have no objection providing the implementation does not duplicate
existing menu features.

Cheers,
Bill.