Re: policy on binary/package naming convention

On 13-Jan-2006, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Yes, I don't like that too.  But I don't see there a big Proglem:
> Running "dpkg -L <packagename>|grep bin" isn't that hard, isn't it?

There are many ways available, and *once you know of it*, 'dpkg -L
foo' is quite helpful. The problem is that it's far less
*discoverable*.

If it's information the user needs to understand the package after
installation (such as "what executables did I just install?"), that
information should go in the package documentation directory.

--
 \           "People are very open-minded about new things, as long as |
  `\      they're exactly like the old ones."  -- Charles F. Kettering |