Re: upstream field in package description

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:08:54PM +0200, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:

> Because if it would get part of the policy to be mandatory , then developers
> would get stressed or at least noticed/pointed to by (hopefully
> policy-updated) packaging scripts.

You misunderstand the purpose of policy.  "Policy is not a club to
beat developers".  The purpose of policy is to decide which packages
are so buggy that they should be removed from the archive before
release!  You're putting the cart before the horse.  Get the packages
to change, and THEN we'll consider changing policy to match.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single