Re: Interfaces for reading a Debian Package

Hi Christopher!

You wrote:

> I was curious as to where I might be able to find out what
> non-command-line interfaces into .deb packages are available.  For
> instance, is there a C interface that could pull out information such as
> Name, Version, Release, etc... ?

Well, a deb file is just an ar archive of tar.gz's.  See also deb(5).
I don't know if there are any C interfaces specifically for this, but it
should be easy enough to write it yourself.

BTW:  the correct mailing list to ask these kind of questions is
probably debian-devel;  -project is meant for non-technical discussions.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |