Re: upstream field in package description

Christian Schoenebeck <schoenebeck@software-engineering.org> writes:

> Well, your suggestion sounds to me like "putting the cart before the
> horse". If "getting the packages to change" would easily realisable then
> there would be no need for a policy.  How should I ever get packagers to
> accept my proposal when there's no guideline covering it?

Get a check into lintian.  Some of us are obsessive about keeping packages
lintian-clean.  :)

I don't know what the criteria is for lintian checks, but I would guess
that a general consensus on debian-devel would produce a strong argument
in favor of a check.