Re: development package in devel?

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 02:49, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> must be a development package (with header files) be in libdevel?
> Currently libmodplug-dev is in sound, but I thought the policy says
> packages they are intented on development must be in devel or libdevel.
> But I can't find where it is said. Am I wrong?

As a non-DD I'd say that that is not a question of policy, but of quality of
implementation: There are tools which rely on the section of a package to
reason about them (deborphan for example).

So unless you have a good reason for putting that package into sound, why not
just do the thing everyone else does too?

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*