Re: libxine1 creates /u/s/d/xine/

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:37:06PM +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
> libxine1 places files in /usr/share/doc/xine/. Is this policy conform?
> Does this meet the requirements of 12.3.

For the record:
$ dpkg -L libxine1|grep /usr/share/doc

Given the binary package 'xine' does not exist currently, I think this
is a policy violation due to namespace breakage.

As I read policy 12.3, documentation in /usr/share/doc/foobar must be
about package foobar, but can be actually shipped in a different binary
package, for example foobar-doc.

Here, the documentation in libxine1 cannot about binary package xine
since xine does not exists.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.