Re: Menu icons for packages

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:23:03PM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> OK, thanks for that information. For now, I just want to encourage multimedia
> maintainers to include .pngs. So, can I take it that /usr/share/pixmaps/ the
> best place to put them? I notice there are some .svgs in here too. I ask
> because there is increasing usage of /usr/share/icons/ by both GNOME and KDE
> apps (all .png & .svg AFAICT) and /usr/share/images/ is being used by
> A/DeMuDi for wallpapers & splash screens and the like.

I think this more a question for debian-policy that to menu:
Do we have guidelines about the placement of icons, images, etc. ?
Currently we have at least

/usr/share/icons/
/usr/share/pixmaps/
/usr/share/images/
/usr/share/wallpapers/

Should icons be in /usr/share/icons/ or in /usr/share/$pkg/ ?

I don't have strong opinion either ways, but I would prefer consistency.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.