So will test be grandfathered?

[posting to the right place now...  my apologies for any duplication]

Manoj Srivastava suggested this language be added to 10.1 in order to
resolve the policy bug reported and discussed at great length in
#267142:

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> rightly asked:
> What we do still need is the list of grandfathered builtins.

While we wait for the official list to be compiled, can we at least
assume that "test" will be grandfathered?  If "test" will be
grandfathered then it follows that use of test's "-a" and "-o" options
should (continue to) be deprecated in scripts using /bin/sh.

Or will "test" not be grandfathered?  In that case some implementations
of "test" (coreutils's /usr/bin/test and the various "test" shell
builtins) will have to be modified, renamed or eliminated in order to
conform to the new/clarified rule.  Once the dust has settled there will
be a de facto standard "test" and, assuming that the latter implements
"-a" and "-o", there will be no need to deprecate the use of these
options.

--
Thomas Hood