Re: rmail, m-t-a, and uucp

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:16:39 -0600 (CST), Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> said:

>> Because a) the practice exists, b) any package can use Exists
>> without breaking anything, and convey information to the user, and
>> c) it emphasizes what I said above.

> And when the dpkg(and other) tools implement enhances in a way that
> compatible with existing uses of it, then it will have been policy's

	If it is implemented in a fashion that is compatible with
 existing (policy compliant) uses, where's the beef?

> fault for suggesting the use of enhances, without any implementation
> to point to.

	Enhances is already implemented in wetware. Policy does not
 claim that any non-wetware implementation exists, is implied, or required.

	manoj
--
"Every institution I've ever been associated with has tried to screw
me." Stephen Wolfram