Re: why a debian project leader?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:56:13AM -0800, mbc wrote:
> Feel free to email me off list if you think this is not relevant to
> the election.

The Debian Constitution: http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution

Give it a read if you haven't done so recently.  Hopefully, it'll
explain things well enough for you.  Debian is simply too large not to
have some sort of formalizing structure, and the one we have is a
relatively sane and flexible one.

As far as your assertion that voting is unnecessary, how else to you
propose to measure the opinion of the Developer body?  It is true that
Debian is largely a meritocracy, but that can only take you so far.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/