Re: aren't software authors misestimated?

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 11:14:04AM +0200, Michele Alessandrini wrote:
> But I think a software author strongly wishes to acknowledge everything
> happens about his program, like users feedback, criticisms, bugs,
> suggestions, so in many cases he would not delegate others for this "burden"
> (translated: "joy" for little to middle program authors :-).

Hmmm, If I ever was to write and release an application, I'd be more
than happy to delegate dirty work to someone else. I'm fairly convinced
that upstream authors consider dealing with bug reports, suggestions
and alikes a dirty work. Just imagine receiving doezens of emails
directly from users, all relating to the same issue. Compare this to
one email from package maintainer, summarizing them all.

Przemysla Brojewski.