Removing potato from mirror ?

Im have a mirror , listed in the offical list, that carry the full source and a
few binary architechtures.
I have been asked to add there an "unoffical repository"that is a
directory where will be put some recompiled binary packages of
packeges present in sarge but not on woody (to be installed withoput
warning or requires to upgrade libraries).
Doing this would however make me exceed disk space available for
mirrors.
What do you think better:
  1. putting the unofficial files on a different [=slower cconnection]
machine
  2. remove potato
  3. beg for a new disk (could be more difficult than you could think ...)
  4. put only a narrow selection of backported files ?
PS: i am not subscribed to debian-policy. so reply directly to me !
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile