Re: Question regarding policy (11.2)

Although I thought static libs might be useless for a second,
I remembered that I actually do use static libs...

> > It's not about disks so much as bandwidth.  Disk may be cheap, but
> > bandwidth isn't, at lesast not universally.  I've also no idea who
> > would want or need static libraries in this day and age, but maybe I'm
> > missing something obvious.
>
> zsh-static needs a static libc and ncurses
> sash needs a static libc and zlib
> busybox-static needs a static libc
> dpkg needs a static zlib

People using mpich usually link with static libs (by default, still).
They are expected to be compiled on one system and run on NFS-shared
/home directories, over multiple machines,
which may or may not be running exactly the same version of
Linux operating system.

regards,
	junichi