URI Enclosure in Angled Glyphs

	After speaking with Robert Jordens and several of my colleagues about
it, I feel more comfortable encouraging the behavior that is referenced
in RFC 2396, Appendix E. The suggestion is the enclosure of URIs---URLs
included, of course---in the "angle brackets" < and >. The Unicode
Consortium, or perhaps more specifically, The Unicode Standard, refers
to these glyphs as LESS-THAN SIGN (U+003C) and GREATER-THAN SIGN
(U+003E), respectively.
	This is a practice that makes good sense to me, but I am curious as to
whether anyone else has any views on making this the suggested Debian
method for referring to URIs.