Debian-Policy and FHS 2.1 vs 2.2

Hello,

In bug 212434 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=212434)
I suggested that Debian should be uplifted to the Filesystem Hierarchy
Standard (FHS) 2.2.

Currently Debian refers to FHS 2.1 which is pretty old
(http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s9.1).

While I saw something like
| > The current Debian Policy uses the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS),
| > version 2.1 (from 2000). The version 2.2 is out since May 2001 and I
| Seconded.
| Martin Michlmayr
which look quite promissing ;) not much has happend. If I didn't miss
anything, only the /etc/adjtime file is affected
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=156489).
And mtools are already FHS 2.2 (and 'violate' FHS 2.1)
(/etc/mtools => /etc/mtools.conf).

Two extra things:
a) Why is fhs-2.0.tar.gz (besides fhs-2.1-*) still included in
   `apt-get source debian-policy`?

b) FHS 2.3 is looming, but those changes don't seem to revert
   FHS 2.1->2.2 changes.
   · http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
   · http://www.samba.org/~cyeoh/

Kind regards,