Re: Should we allow packages to depend on packages with lower priority values?

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 05:25:07PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> My understanding of the issue in the original post of this thread is
> that situations can arrise where Debian policy forbids including some
> package on a CD in a way that the poster thinks it should be
> included.

Meh. They're hints at best, and not often useful.

> Maybe there isn't a system that is completely 'fair'
> to all packages.

Likely.

> Maybe it is not possible to be completely
> 'fair'.

You'd have to start by defining what it means to be 'fair'. Some
packages suck, and I object to anything that tries to give them equal
priority as less sucky packages.

> Maybe its not worth the effort to try.

I'd go with that.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |