Re: Bad version number based on date advice in policy?

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:04:51PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:49:38PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> [policy 3.1.2]
> > I would suggest using 0.YYYYMMDD to avoid using epoch when upstream
> > finally decides to use version 1.0 instead.
>
> What's wrong with using an epoch?

Another possibility is to use 0+YYYYMMDD, whis has the property
of being smaller that 0.0, so you won't need an epoch if upstream
switch to, say, 0.9.

This is similar to an epoch but work backward, which may be better of
worse depending of the probability upstream switch.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.