Re: Init.d script, preventing start of one service

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 04:27:03PM +0100, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> ps : i know ssh use a file to launch or not sshd, is it a good solution
> ?

No, I don't think it is a good solution. I'm planning to split the ssh
package into openssh-client and openssh-server at some point, which will
get rid of that whole ugly edifice (and close several bugs as a result).
I think having services in their own packages which you can uninstall if
you don't want to run them is better than /etc/default cruft.

Cheers,